The Data Service is a core service within TheDataWeb framework that performs tabulations and extractions of datasets.
It allows standardized requests for tabulations or extractions of data in heterogeneous environments and normalizes the
response back to the client. When accessing multiple datasets, the data service will proxy out multiple requests and
return a single, merged result back to the client. Any tool within TheDataWeb framework that retrieves data, such as
DataFerrett, HotReports and the API, requires the Data Service.
Features of TheDataWeb Data Service:
- Fast tabulations
- Supported database adaptors: MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and DataWeb Transverse File System
- Accesses multiple data types, including: aggregate data, micro/administrative data, time series data, and longitudinal data
- Easily extendable to add other data adaptors
- Parallel processing across multiple machines
- Tabulation caching
- Supports data attributes
- Batch mode, processing thousands of tabulations through a single request
- Email notification for large extractions
- Multiple output formats: tab delimited (Excel, Access), comma delimited, space delimited, SAS, SPSS, and STATA